Jul 16, 2014

Jon Stewart Tells Hillary the Truth About Her Memoir on The Daily Show


Hillary Clinton stopped by The Daily Show on Tuesday night, an appearance ostensibly in support of her new memoir, Hard Choices. That topic, as Jon Stewart immediately told her and his audience, isn’t exactly what most Americans want to hear Clinton talk about.

“This is an incredibly, I think, complex and well-reasoned eyewitness view to the history of those four years, and I think I speak for everybody when I say, no one cares and they just want to know if you’re running for president,” Stewart said.

Clinton laughed off the joke, and said she “was going to make an announcement,” but that Stewart “spoiled it” with his lead-in.

“She is here solely for one reason: to publicly and definitively declare her candidacy for the presidency of the United States, tonight,” Stewart said when opening the program. “I think. . . If it doesn’t happen, my career as a journalist may be over.” It was a good effort, Jon.

The pair then worked through an aptitude test, joking about preferences between commuting or working from home, and Clinton’s desired shape of office. “Would you like that office to have corners?” Stewart asked. “Or would you like it to not have corners?”

Clinton played along: “I think that the world is so complicated, the fewer corners that you can have, the better.”

“It sounds to me, if I may,” Stewart said. “It sounds like you’re running for president.” Indeed.

Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Add on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts