May 12, 2020

WWE superstar Becky Lynch announces pregnancy


WWE superstar Becky Lynch will have a new challenge to grapple with later this year -- parenthood.

Lynch, 33, whose real name is Rebecca Quin, is one of the top attractions in World Wrestling Entertainment and is the longest-reigning women’s champion in the WWE’s Raw division, holding the belt for 398 days, ESPN reported. On “Raw,” a weekly pro wrestling show, Lynch announced she and fiance Seth Rollins are expecting their first child in December, People reported.

Lynch, in an emotional segment of the show, said she was giving up her title, which will now go to Asuka, who won Sunday night’s Money in the Bank match.

“You go and be a warrior, 'cause I’m gonna go be a mother," Lynch said before embracing Asuka.



“I’ve always, always wanted kids,” Lynch told People. “I’m just so career-focused that it became one of those things that, when you’re chasing a dream for so long, I always wondered, ‘Am I going to get around to it? Is it going to happen for me?’”

Lynch, a native of Limerick, Ireland, began wrestling for the WWE promotion in 2013. She won the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championship belts in 2019 when she beat Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair in a Triple Threat match at WrestleMania 35, CNN reported. It was the first women’s match ever to headline WWE’s biggest annual event.

Lynch and Rollins, 33, went public with their relationship in May 2019 and announced their engagement three months later, People reported.



Lynch, whose nickname in WWE is “The Man” because of her stature as champion, posted an emotional message on social media.

“I have no idea what happens from here, but I do know that you’ve made all my dreams come true,” Lynch tweeted Monday night. “I entered the PC in 2013 not knowing anyone, I’ll leave that same building tonight with my new family. Thank you all so much.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts