Dec 3, 2014

Lady Gaga Admits She Was Raped At 19 On ‘Howard Stern Show’


How upsetting. Lady Gaga revealed she was raped as a teenager during a recent interview with Howard Stern. The 28-year-old singer said she was forced to rely on ‘a lot of mental and physical therapy’ to help her heal.

During a recent interview on The Howard Stern Show, Lady Gaga courageously revealed she “went through some horrific things” when she was 19, including getting raped by an unidentified record producer. The 28-year-old singer went on to discuss the horrible ordeal and shared how she relied on therapy to help her heal.

Lady Gaga Raped — Singer Shares Painful Story On ‘Howard Stern Show’



“I went through some horrific things that I’m able to laugh [at] now, because I’ve gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years,” she told Howard Stern.

“My music’s been wonderful for me. But, you know, I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself. To be fair, I was about 19. I went to Catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, ‘Oh, is this just the way adults are?’…I was very naive,” she added.

When asked if she ever confronted the rapist, who was and is 20 years older than her, she said, “I think it would terrify me. It would paralyze me. I saw him one time in a store and I was so paralyzed by fear. Because it wasn’t until I was a little bit older that I went, ‘Wow, that was really messed up.'”

The singer didn’t name names, but she denied it was Dr. Luke who raped her after Kesha’s lawyer started speculating on Twitter, according to TMZ.

Lady Gaga: How She Helped Herself Heal After Getting Raped

While Lady Gaga initially kept the incident a secret, she later sought therapy to help herself heal.

“I don’t know what I was thinking. I didn’t tell anybody. And I didn’t even tell myself for the longest time. And then I was like, ‘You know what? All this drinking and all this nonsense, you have to go to the source, otherwise it just won’t go away. It will not go away,'” she said, according to the Daily Mail.

We give Lady Gaga props for sharing such a painful story. We’re sure her story will help others out there, who may be struggling with similar situations.

To listen to the full interview, click the video above!

Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Add on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts